Mutual Aid Groups
What is a Mutual Aid Group (MAG)?
A Mutual Aid Group (MAG) is a space where people, sharing a similar problem or a difficult time, meet to try to overcome and improve their personal situation.
In our case, we are people who, having experienced mental disorder, organise informal meetings every week in order to explain and share our experiences, getting mutual support. Not only we discuss issues related to mental disorder, but we also do about different aspects of our every-day life.
What are ActivaMent’s Mutual Aid Groups like?
Our Mutual Aid Group’s distinctive features are the following:
* People participating have experienced or are experiencing a mental health problem. This means the no presence of professionals or relatives at the MAG.
* No one governs our MAGs. ActivaMent’s members’ word and will have equal worth. Despite starting meetings with a person as a moderator who controls speaking time, it is about everyone learns about dealing with group dynamics.
* Everyone is free to speak and/or to be silent, to express his/her own feelings and emotions without censorship or reprisals. Mutual respect, confidentiality of testimonial information and the commitment to attend meetings are the only ground rules governing MAG.
What can you find at ActivaMent’s MAG?
If you take part in a MAG, you can find understanding and face-to-face support from people who know about living with mental disorder. It’s a space where no one will judge you or tell you how you should be. Furthermore, you can meet new people who share your life experience. You can also express yourself freely, heard and be heard, learn more about yourself and the others regarding mental disorder and, finally, you can get to know someone who becomes a friend.
Would you like to get involved in an ActivaMent’s MAG?
We are currently having an open enrolment period for the MAGs in the morning shift (on Fridays from 11:00 to 13:00h) and in the evening shift (on Tuesdays from 18:00 to 20:00h).
If you are willing to take part: call us on (0034) 682 20 88 71 12 from Monday to Friday, from 10:00 to 20:00h, or come along to meet us at: C/ Rocafort, 242 Bis, 3r B, Barcelona. You can find us on Monday and Tuesday afternoon and on Friday morning.
Don’t you live in Barcelona? Know your territory Group:
- In Santa Coloma de Gramenet there is a MAG on Fridays from 11:00h to 12:30h; at Wagner Street, 19 (Centre Cívic Fondo). To contact the Gramenet Deputation, you can call: 682 20 88 71 or write an email to: email@example.com
- In Granollers there is a MAG on Mondays from 18:00 to 19:30h; at Lledoner Street, 6 (Centre Cívic Nord). To contact the Granollers Deputation, you can call: 617 88 75 50 or write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Berga there is a MAG on Mondays from 16:30h to 19:00h; at Doctor Salón Square, 6, 3rd floor. To contact the Berguedà Deputation, you can call: 664 10 94 18 or write an email to: email@example.com
- In Manresa there is a MAG on Wednesdays from 16:00h to 17:00h; at Arquitecte Montagut Street (Torre 6 Bajo) Font dels Capellans. To contact the Catalunya Central Deputation, you can call: 609 96 01 50 or write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Igualada there is a MAG on Fridays from 10:00h to 12:00h; at Orquídies Street, 7 (Casal Civic Montserrat). To contact the Catalunya Central Deputation, you can call: 660 30 42 29 or write an email to: email@example.com
- In Solsona there is a MAG on Thursdays from 15:00h to 17:00h; at Antoni Gaudi Street, 2A (Casal Civic Xavier Jounou). To contact the Catalunya Central Deputation, you can call: 660 30 42 29 or write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Vic there is a MAG on Tuesdays from 17:00h to 18:30h; at Carrer Raval Cortines, 24 (Centre Cívic Can Pau Raba). To contact the Osona Subdeputation, you can call: 606 18 83 87 (Enric V.) / 639 53 19 91 (Rosa R.) or write an email to: email@example.com
- In Vilanova i la Geltrú there is a MAG on Tuesdays from 17:30h to 19:30h; in the Associació d’Alumnes Obrers Plaza, 1 (Center Cívic la Geltrú). To get in touch with the Garraf – Penedès Deputation, you can call 603 79 00 63 or write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Sabadell there is a MAG on Tuesdays from 11:00h to 13:00h; in the Associació Salut Mental Sabadell (c/ Leonardo da Vinci, 81). To get in touch with the Vallès Occidental Deputation, you can call 600 68 76 41 or write an email to: email@example.com
- In Girona there is a GAM on Fridays from 10:00h to 12:00h; in the Centre Cívic Sant Narcís de Girona (C/ Assumpció, 27). To get in touch with the Girona Deputation, you can call 639 89 48 34 or write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Isn’t it suitable for you to come to any of these MAGs? Get to know the Virtual MAG:
- By Skype there is a Virtual MAG on Saturdays from 16:00h to 17:30h. To get in touch with the Virtual MAG, you can call: 638 62 52 72 or write an email to: email@example.com